Sprouted Quinoa & Chickpea Salad
Vibrant, tangy, fresh and packed with nutrition.
- 2 cups cooked Second Spring Organic Sprouted Tri-Colour Quinoa (1 cup dry)
- 1 cup cooked Second Spring Organic Sprouted Chickpeas (½ cup dry)
- ½ cup (heaping) chopped red pepper
- ½ cup (heaping) chopped cucumber
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ½ of an avocado, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- ½ tbsp honey
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- handful fresh basil leaves (about 7-8 large leaves)
- salt and pepper
Cook sprouted chickpeas and quinoa according to the package directions. Rinse in cold water and allow to cool. Chop red pepper, cucumber, red onion and avocado.
Add all dressing ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend until the basil is broken up into small pieces, 10-30 seconds depending on your machine. Alternatively, you can mince garlic and basil leaves very finely and whisk ingredients together by hand.
In a large bowl, combine sprouted quinoa, chickpeas, vegetables and dressing and stir to combine. Garnish with additional basil leaves, if desired. Serve cold.