Sprouted Green Peas & Rice
Simple, classic, and a great way to reimagine leftovers!
- 2 ½ cups cooked or leftover sprouted brown rice (about ⅔ cup dry)
- 1 cup cooked sprouted peas (½ cup dry)
- ½ cup finely diced carrots (about 1-2 med carrots)
- ⅓ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp sesame oil or butter
- 1-2 tbsp soy sauce (to taste)
Cook sprouted peas and rice according to package directions. Drain well (dry rice will crisp better), or use leftovers.
Chop onion and carrot.
In a large frying pan on medium heat, saute butter, onion and carrot until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Move vegetables to the side of the pan and scramble the eggs.
Once eggs are just cooked, add rice and stir. Continue to cook until the rice begins to brown, about 5 more minutes.
Add sprouted peas and soy sauce and stir. Cook another minute, until soy sauce is absorbed and everything is warm. Serve immediately.