Sprouted Quinoa & Flax Chocolate Snack Balls
If you’re like me and you need a chocolate fix *ahem* often, these little fudgey sprouted quinoa and flax bites are perfect! They’re a good size to reach for on-the-go and are packed with enough nourishment and decadence to satisfy any craving. These are also great for meal prep or school/work lunches!
The base is sprouted quinoa and sprouted flax, along with rolled oats and peanut butter, meaning they are high in protein and fibre. They have a lovely soft texture and come together quickly with simple ingredients that you likely already have in your pantry. You can substitute the peanut butter with any nut or seed butter, and you can easily change it up by adding some nuts or dried fruit. Plus, the recipe is fun and easy if you have little hands that want to help, particularly rolling the balls in coconut!
No Bake Sprouted Quinoa & Flax Snack Balls
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup Second Spring Organic Sprouted Quinoa (dry)
- ⅓ cup Second Spring Organic Sprouted Flax Powder
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup natural peanut butter (or substitute another nut/seed butter)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- Optional: shredded coconut for rolling
How To Make It:
- Cook quinoa according to the package, rinse under cold water and let it cool completely.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients until well combined. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Time to get messy! Scoop out 1 tablespoon of the mixture and roll it into a ball between your hands. If using coconut, sprinkle on a plate and roll each ball in it until covered. Place on the baking tray and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge.
Have you made this recipe? Tag @secondspringfoods on Instagram!