The most popular bean in Mexico and the Southern United States, sprouted pinto beans are high in protein and fibre. Sprouting pinto beans reduces cook time, improves digestibility and enhances taste and texture. Great for refried beans, chili, bean salads, and baked beans.
Cook Time: 60-70 minutes
1. Sort and Rinse
2. In a large pot, mix 1 part Organic Sprouted Pinto Beans with 6 parts water
3. Bring to vigorous boil for 10 minutes
4. Turn to LOW, cover and simmer for 50-60 minutes or until desired texture is reached
5. Strain any excess water and rinse with warm water.
Please Note: Sprouted Pinto Beans have gone through a soaking, sprouting and drying process so some hulls may split through the cooking process. This is normal.
Organic Sprouted Pinto Beans
Storage & Shelf Life
After sprouting, we carefully dry the beans back down to their shelf stable moisture levels. This means you can store them as you would store unsprouted beans – in a cool, dry place.
Once you cook your sprouted pulses, they should be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge.
Shelf Life: 18 months
How To Use
Our favourite way to enjoy sprouted pinto beans
Sprouted Refried Beans
Other delicious ways to enjoy sprouted pinto beans
- Protein topper for green salads
- Baked Beans
- Bean Dip