Green peas are so common in North America that they may get overlooked, but they are nutrient-rich and a great source of protein and fibre. Peas are also an environmentally friendly food, as they help increase nitrogen in soil, prevent erosion and keep pests at bay.
Sprouted green peas are great in soups, stews, curries, dips and on their own as a side dish!
Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
1. Sort and Rinse
2. In a medium size pot, mix 1 part Organic Sprouted Green Peas with 6 parts water
3. Bring to vigorous boil for 10 minutes
4. Turn to LOW, cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until desired texture is reached
5. Strain any excess water and rinse with warm water.
Please Note: Sprouted Green Peas have gone through a soaking, sprouting and drying process so some hulls will come off through the cooking process. This is normal.
Organic Sprouted Green Peas
Storage & Shelf Life
After sprouting, we carefully dry the beans back down to their shelf stable moisture levels. This means you can store them as you would store unsprouted beans – in a cool, dry place.
Once you cook your sprouted pulses, they should be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge.
Shelf life: 18 months
How To Use
Our favourite way to enjoy sprouted green peas
Added to a creamy, fragrant curry
Other delicious ways to enjoy sprouted green peas
- On their own as a side dish
- Pureed as a dip